OK, I ante'd up, so the rest of you out there need to help support this
forum...

RE: On the topic that Horace brings up re: moving all non-technical postings
to the other vortex list...

I couldn't agree more... I've posted several times in the past month or two
to get voluntary action to limit repetitive opinions, in an attempt to
increase the signal-to-noise.  I would have expected to get better
compliance from adults, but perhaps I was mistaken...

As Horace stated, there are way too many postings, which means people who
have a life and other responsibilities and obligations can't hope to keep
up.  As a result, GOOD technical discussion is hampered, and there's a high
probability that important exchanges are not taking place because one feels
overwhelmed at the sheer volume of unread posts, and thus, begins to skip
some due to lack of time to read them.

The worst contributors know who they are... please make a conscious effort
to INCREASE the SNR.  Very SHORT postings about interesting (non-technical)
happenings are ok, but if you can't say it in one or two sentences, then put
in on vortex-B.

Happy Holidays to All,
-Mark
You sent a payment      Transaction ID: 3HH21245VN7788700

Dear Mark Iverson,
You sent a payment for $20.00 USD to William Beaty.
Please note that it may take a little while for this payment to appear in
the Recent Activity list on your Account Overview.
View the details of this transaction online

  To subscribe, send a *blank* message to:
     vortex-l-requ...@eskimo.com

  Put the single word "subscribe" in the subject line of the header.
  No quotes around "subscribe," of course.

  You will get an automatic greeting message in response.
  Once subscribed, send your email to vortex-L@eskimo.com.

  To unsubscribe, send a *blank* message to:
      vortex-l-requ...@eskimo.com
  Put the single word "unsubscribe" in the subject line of the header.
  No quotes around "unsubscribe," of course.