Peter Gluck <peter.gl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Calculating very "generously"- how many tons of palladium could be used in
> Cold Fusion generators worldwide?

All of them. We will have no other use for the stuff.

> Again, what could be, realistically the W/g power obtained by1 g of Pd?

That's easy. As I said, the limiting factor is how hot you can make the
stuff in a thin-film or finally divide configuration. Presumably that
technology is mature in today's catalytic converters. A catalytic converter
has 3 to 7 ounces of Pd = 200 g. An automobile engine produces 150 hp at
top speed = 112 kW. Assuming it is 20% efficient, that means 448 kW of hot
gas is rolling past the Pd surface. An obscene figure. If you ran an
automobile 24 hours a day at top speed I suppose it would wear out after a
few months, but anyway that is the limit to how much heat palladium can
stand. ~2.2 kW/g.

As I said this is a materials engineering problem. That is the limiting
factor. We know that palladium can get so hot it vaporizes. Cold fusion
itself can produce more heat than we can handle with any engineering
technique.

> And what could be the lifetime of Pd in such a source?

That depends upon whether it transmutes or not. if it does not transmute
nearly 100% of it can be recycled. It is in a closed cell, like a battery.
Much of palladium in a catalytic converter is lost because the hot gas
blows it out.

> I repeat it was a historical misfortune  of LENR to be discovered in
> palladium . . .

I do not see what difference it made. Fleischmann himself recommended the
use of nickel early on. People would have discovered the nickel version
sooner or later. up until now it has been much easier to detect Pd-D
because power density has been much higher.