On 12-01-22 02:18 PM, Jed Rothwell wrote:
A message from Mary Yugo caught my attention before falling into the trash.

Howzat work? My filters dump the folks I'm filtering before I ever see them.

The important point is, my messages do not violate any of the rules set forth by Beaty:

"NO SNEERING. Ridicule, _*derision, scoffing, and ad-hominem is banned.*_ 'Pathological Skepticism' is banned (see the link.) . . .

Jed, there has been a lot of "derision, scoffing, and ad-hominem" going on between you and Mary, and nearly all of it has been on */your side/*.

Mary is repetitious, and can be annoying, but nearly everything she says has to do with the /evidence/.

Your attacks on Mary have been equally repetitious, and nearly all of them have been ad hominems, generally to the effect that she's a pathological skeptic who would not be convinced by anything, ever.

Frankly I am finding this progressively embarrassing. I'm reminded strongly of the mess with the Correas some years back, but that time you took the rational side, and it was Gene who would not be swayed from his conviction that they really had something. This time around, it's your support for Rossi (all the while protesting that you don't support him) which has gone past the "blushing" point.

I'd go so far as to say it's even making me wonder about your earlier statements about Patterson's work, which sounded so convincing. If all I'd heard about Rossi were your comments about his work, and I had never looked at any of the actual reports, and had never noticed Rossi's obvious lies, well, Rossi would seem pretty convincing, too.

In any case I've about had it, and I'm unsubscribing from the list.

If Rossi actually delivers something I'd appreciate it if someone would shoot me a personal email!

(But then, if he actually delivers something, he'll make it onto the cover of Time for sure, and I'll hear about it even if I'm not on Vortex.)