________________________________
 John, this also goes the other way round,
although I welcome the purging of the group by the likes of MY, I also notice
that it gets quite sterile, in the form of an ingroup discussion of nuclear
chemists.
This is over my head, I must confess.
Being a -hopefully- level-headed engineer myself, -but not in the core
profession of say: nuclear chemistry - I find this peripherally interesting,
but not essential.

The list quickly devolved into an ingroup discussion of this or that detail in
the 233 theories of what maybe the case.
If nobody does any real work on the topic, but only scholastizises on this or
that, I do not see the point, to resolve anything.

Both are wrong. Lost balance.
This is a complicated issue on multiple dimensions.
Getting rid of pathological skeptics is one thing, focussing on a narrow
technical issue, another.

I can leave the group by a non-click, so what is the point anyhow?
Well.
Say something relevant for the general public.
OR:
Be nuclear chemists doing some REAL work, i.e. devise setups, deliver results,
and do not pretend being Einstein.