I find it a little disappointing, that Defkalion are not going to use flow
calorimetry for their demos.  Their choice of course.  It is a bit hard to
understand their test procedure, they specify a "Bare" hyperion reactor but
what that means is unclear, it also sounds like they are not using a
coolant - just passive ambient air cooling with an air blower if it starts
to overheat (am I misunderstanding them?).

The Public Relations problem with differential thermal calorimetry is that
skeptics can still point to the possibility of fraud via variable thermal
conductivity between inside and outside of the enclosing box (things as
simple as vacuum insulation having gas let into it via remote controlled
valve) or other tricks.

To me it would seem like flow calorimetry is the easier option given that
they have a reactor designed to flow a coolant through it and that could
easily heat water in a secondary heat exchanger to allow easily verifiable
water heating by any one of the many methods discussed in wake of Rossi's
demos last year (so long as we avoid steam!).  Pretty hard to fake (or
deny) buckets of hot water coming out.

It also seems to me that the reaction rate control issues and prevention of
thermal run-away would be much trickier without a directly controllable
rate of cooling.  They must be pretty confident in their understanding and
control of the reaction process.