To "recap" the analysis (tired pun based on the Pirelli name) ... these
school kids could get a lot of mileage out of a well-conceived experiment.

As to the point that this cannot be both a fluidized bed reactor, if it is
using gas supported nanopowder and at the same time be a true electrolysis
cell (in the sense of splitting H2O) unless the supporting gas is steam or
contains steam, that is incorrect. Technically a fluidized bed reactor can
use a liquid as the support medium, instead of a gas.

I have never seen a FBR that did not use a gas, but Wiki the expert says
both types qualify. Therefore, any of the reactors shown on Naudin's old
page would be both a fluidized bed reactor - and a plasma electrolysis cell
- if - the cell contained a suspension of metal powder supported by water
(the distinction being that the nanopowder itself is not soluble in water).

That makes the most sense. Consequently, there is no problem in the
description details- in calling this device both a FBR and a plasma
electrolysis cell. In fact, it is a nice hybrid.

This Italian replication of Mizuno may or may not be novel due to the
nanopowder (if that is really what is the important detail) but it is
interesting that they have done it when no one else thought of it
(apparently) and it is fairly elegant, no?

Naudin claims a significant gain of up to COP= ~2.5 without nano - so what
is the improved gain with nano? BTW - at the time these Naudin experiments
came out - 6-7 years ago, we assumed Naudin could be underestimating his
real gain by not always including the recombination heat of split gases (he
treated water loss as steam only). So his decent gain could be better than
it seemed.

This presents a strong case for the proposition that a much simpler type of
unpressurized reactor with no need for tank hydrogen could be on the horizon
- at least for some uses like hot water.

Mizuno had two patent applications for the early work (if he did not abandon
them) and one wonders if he or his patent attorney had the foresight back
then to include the possibility of a colloid or suspension of nanopowder -
in the original claim. Doubt it.

If not, Ahern's claim is looking good for gas-phase, and the FBR version of
the school kids could be wide open...