To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [Vo]: Proton Fusion Ni58 to Cu59 Endothermic?
From: dlrober...@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 17:53:30 -0400

That idea crossed my mind but I still do not know where the 5.6 MeV of energy
imparted upon the proton wound up.  If the path were exothermic I would expect
to be able to recover(or at least locate) all of the 5.6 MeV as well as some
extra energy.

I recall reading an article years ago that suggested that fusion energy was
possible within stars until the final product was iron.  The star would then
collapse under the influence of gravity due to the lack of extra heat.  Could
this be the effect that I am calculating?  It does seem to add up in the
numbers.

Dave