On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 2:28 PM, DJ Cravens <djcrav...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Right now I am struggling to learn how to use “lost wax” casting of Pd
> +23%Ag alloys for making a toroid.

See [1], where they're using geometry involving a silver "core" and a thin
palladium "shell" to split water into hydrogen and oxygen more efficiently.
 I suspect they are right on the cusp of having a setup applicable to LENR
research.  Regarding oxygen, I recall a LENR paper raising the question of
whether oxides were required for LENR.

Given that one can do both benign and heretical research with the same
materials, I wonder whether we'll gradually start to see more papers on
palladium and nickel/hydrogen over the next few years from
researchers surreptitiously following an illicit interest.

Eric

[1] http://phys.org/news/2013-03-fuel-cells-evolve-role-emerges.html