It is a sad story.

This is why I feel that the project of Defkalion to fund research itself to
make theoretical progress is the only kind of solution.

This is a chicken and egg problem, because industrialist need research
results to make money, and researcher need money to have results...

The luck today seems that Defkalion have found enough to get funded, and
thus can fund research.

The most stupid is that if the government was intelligent, a trillion
borowed at the centralbank would solve all the problems, and since it will
produce results, ther won't be any inflation (and also we will delete many
wasteful investements and expenses)...
That would be very rational, it it will never be.