I replied to Gibson in private with various details, but wrote this part
for the group:

For me more interesting is to work out what is required to make this
interact with matter.
Consider that dark matter and mirror matter and dark energy is considered
to exist by conventional science and all effectively undetectable.
Neutrinos and virtual particles are only vaguely detectable by very
specialized equipment (nothing I have access to obviously)

This means that there can be a lot of very real stuff that just doesn't
exist in the right form to interact with matter.
Charge is quantanized, so what if a particle could be made with a charge
that was not 1, what if such a particle can and does exist, but we can't
interact with it?

So there might be many ways to make something that can't be detected
readily by most most instrumentation.

But there will also be ways to ensure that the energy converges on the
physical, and as such it may produce a host of anomalies, or useful effects.

I am sharing this with Vo in order to get some suggestions on how to turn
this into a hard science.

John