On 5/2/2013 11:06 PM, Axil Axil wrote:
*/Accelerated alpha-decay of 232U isotope achieved by exposure of its aqueous solution with gold nanoparticles to laser radiation /*

I don't see any mention of "screening" in the text of that paper. Can you point me to a paragraph that discusses what you term "screening"?

BTW, this paper is talking about huge energy flux required to induce nuclear transformations -- 10^18 W/cm^2 without nanoparticles + unstable elements, 10^12 or 10^13 W/cm^2 with.

Even 10^12 W/cm^2 is massive. It's interesting to ponder whether this high level of energy in could produce enough radioactive decay produce a matching amount of energy out. But this process seems a lot closer to inertial containment than a desktop LENR engine.

- Joe