I have often cited this paper, which describes the final results from
Toyota's lab in France:

Roulette, T., J. Roulette, and S. Pons. *Results of ICARUS 9 Experiments
Run at IMRA Europe. in Sixth International Conference on Cold Fusion,
Progress in New Hydrogen Energy*. 1996. Lake Toya, Hokkaido, Japan: New
Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization, Tokyo Institute
of Technology, Tokyo, Japan.

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/RouletteTresultsofi.pdf

Some people have expressed doubts about this because it is no
peer-reviewed. I think this data is credible. It is probably not fake, and
not a mistake.

FAKE. This was published by Toyota researchers at conference sponsored by a
Japanese government agency (NEDO). It would be out of character for Toyota
or NEDO to countenance fake data. They would surely know it is fake.

MISTAKE. As you see in the paper, the temperatures were high and easy to
measure, and the input to output ratio was high. I do not think there is
any chance this was a mistake.

I wrote: "This project was terminated because of politics and disputes over
money between Toyota and other companies, not because the research itself
failed." That is what I heard from Martin Fleischmann and others connected
with the project. I expect this is true because it was against their
interests to tell me this.

As a long-time employee of a large company once told me: when you hear bad
news about a big corporation, you should always believe it.

Others said that the Toyota research and the NEDO program were stopped
because "progress was too slow" (I agree), and "we determined this did not
align with our corporate goals" (which I think is nonsense), and regarding
the NEDO project "we never replicated" (which was an outright lie). The
latter upset Mel Miles even though he is phlegmatic. He almost cursed about
it. He came as close to cursing as a devout Mormon chemist can come.