From: Edmund Storms

Jones, there is no ash because no one has looked for deuterium. Everyone who
might find enough deuterium to detect is focused on transmutation. If they
now find deuterium, their favorite explanation will go up in smoke and the
patents that claim to need nickel will be useless.  I'm trying to get
someone to look for deuterium and report the results. So far, no luck. Until
this test is made, no conclusion is worth accepting.

Hi Ed,

Almost everyone agrees that deuterium (and helium and tritium) should be
looked for in the ash of this device, but that this probably will not happen
soon. Your explanation of why Rossi doesn't want to know this could be
absolutely correct. He shoots himself in the foot. Someone else must do
this, if it is to be done.

If the ratio of H to D in the gas was 6,500:1 when it was filled - and after
a week of run-time the ratio was 5,000:1 then that finding would be
meaningful. Hydrogen is unlikely to leak preferentially, so the large change
in ratio would indicate fusion as the prima facie explanation.

However, if protium was fusing into deuterium, which is an extremely rare
reaction to begin with, there should be gamma radiation. If you say there is
no gamma radiation because this is a novel type of fusion reaction which
shows none, then there is still a huge problem (aside from the extra
miracle) - tritium. At a certain point, tritium is favored and its decay
radiation will be obvious - even after shutdown. yet none shows up, when any
decent monitor should see it.

You probably do not want to add a third miracle by suggesting that no
tritium happens. Thus, the lack of tritium makes the search for extra
deuterium of lower priority than it otherwise would be. In the end, if the
H/D ratio is substantially different - we will have found something that
indicates a novel form of hydrogen fusion, which Rossi's patent does not
cover.

However, another smart thing to do- if someone besides AR really wants to
find out the modus operandi would be to first look for the lower energy
photons - EUV. Rossi does not want to do that because of the huge portfolio
of prior art from BLP. OTOH, Mills and company might want to do this kind of
testing in a replica AR cell, as a way to get royalties from Rossi, in the
event that he beats them to market.

Many theories suggest the gain could be coming from EUV photons - and it is
easier to document them than deuterium, but I doubt we will know form Rossi.
I hope that Mills looks at the Ni-62 possibility, in the context of his
theory.

This could pay off handsomely, Randy .

From: Bob Higgins

I don't understand why 62Ni would make a difference in the reaction.  Are we
now seriously considering that the Ni nucleus participates in the nuclear
reaction that causes the heat

IMO this is a "Mills type" reaction (BLP), involving deep hydrogen
redundancy - and the Ni does not transmute into another element.

This particular isotope is simply a much better catalyst for deep redundancy
at the 300 eV level. This mechanism goes beyond Randell Mills theory into QM
and wave function collapse, which Mills rejects.

Rossi and Focardi apparently believe that nickel transmutes to copper, but
the proof offered indicates otherwise. Others believe that protons fuse to
deuterium. There is no proof of that.

Many qualified observers, at this stage, have markedly different opinions.

However, it is worth repeating that if it is a nuclear reaction - there
should be gamma radiation and/or radioactive ash. There is none.

Jones