ChemE,  you said [snip] Less gravity, less decay.  The closer you get to the
firewall surface of a "black hole" or vacuum, the faster you decay due to
the intense EMF/radiation [/snip].  You got this backwards. The paradox twin
approaching the speed of light or equivalently deep in a gravity well slows
down in time from our perspective. We grow old and it is our grand children
who then welcome back the still young twin back to earth upon his return.
Just like the Paradox twin a radioactive gas on board the same spaceship
would remains blissfully unaware of time dilation and would have an
"extended" half life from our earth bound perspective of measurements made
before and after the trip which is perfectly acceptable under SR and has
been reported to a lesser extent along with anomalous "cold" by researchers
in the past. The more familiar claims of anomalous radioactive decay have
been for "reduced" half life and anomalous heat. I predict these anomalous
decay rates will be found much more frequently now that we know to look for
them and will become a powerful tool in unlocking the secret behind LENR and
proper understanding of Casimir effect and catalysis. The accelerated decay
rate you mention does apply to radioactive gas migrating thru regions of
Casimir geometry because restricting virtual particles in a cavity results
in a negative pressure relative to us in the macro world outside the cavity,
and that difference can be just as extreme as the relationship we accept in
SR for the paradox twin without the need for near light speed velocity or
equivalent gravity wells. In this case we outside the cavity become the Twin
that remains young and slow down in time from the perspective of a tiny
observer in the cavity, Not that it is all time dilation, CHANGE in geometry
is actually the dominant factor in catalytic action, If the cavity were
constant geometry like mirrors manufactured to produce Casimir plates for
lab experiments there would only be catalytic action around the plate
perimeters like the measurements by Chen at Purdue where catalytic action
was only found to occur at the openings and defect regions of a nanotube. It
is this dynamic feature that becomes multiplied in the tapestry of a
skeletal catalyst or nano powders where the constant change in geometry
changes the dilation rate and compounds the reaction rate from our
perspective. I think gas ages more rapidly in a catalyst and it is only
recently that these half life anomalies are starting to be investigated.

Fran