Fran,

What I am really trying to say is that if you hang around close to the
surface/horizon of  vacuum/black hole/zpe/dark matter (whatever you want to
call it) expect more radiation/decay, which ionizes you at a faster rate -
like catalysis that speeds up reactions that you are describing and I agree
with.  If you can protect yourself from the radiation/flux then yes, you
will age slower (the surface/shields of your ship will have to protect
you...) But I think that is the same on Earth.  If we can protect ourselves
from ionizing radiation around us, we will all age slower.  Problem is, our
gravitational flux (of entropy to the Earth's center) and due to
weather(vacuum) disturbances they are aging all of us at a similar rate
over 80 or so obits...and we decay.  Human's half life is around 24 years
or so (actually probably less but our bodies replace damaged cells all of
the time or we would all be dead quicker).

Best way I can explain it.  Trying to separate all of the fusion/fission
reactions occurring near the surface of the quantum vacuum "foam" is like
separating gnat shit from pepper...:) But it is important and I agree with
the overall direction of the discussion.  If the core of the Earth, Sun,
Gas Giant Planets, ETC. are curled up vacuum orbifolds with decaying
firewalls and our weather disturbances are vacuum and that "cosmic string"
I think was photographed from ISON on Thanksgiving day is vacuum then
DUDES, WE ARE THE 5% IMMERSED IN THE 95% QUANTUM VACUUM FOAM made up of
vacuum branes and strings all around us.

Stewart
Darkmattersalot.com