Hydrinos are still matter, and is a gas, just like hydrogen, you can feel
it with your hands if it is blowing out a tube.  But light will pass
straight through a giant cloud of it without being absorbed or reflected
but it will be gravitationally bent:

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/hubble/news/dark_matter_ring_feature.html

--
Jeff Driscoll