Yes Bob, LENR is real, it occurs in real materials, and it is caused by a real
mechanism controlled by real parameters. It is exactly like hot fusion in this
regard. Unlike hot fusion, a new mechanism is operating that is not like what
physics has accepted.  Rather than suggesting any idea that comes to mind, the
effort to identify this mechanism must focus on what is actually observed.
What is observed creates limits and boundaries on what mechanisms are possible.
Eventually, all mechanisms but one will be eliminated and at that point LENR
will be understood.  The process of finding this single mechanism can be
speeded up by eliminating a lot of proposed mechanisms right from the start.
For example, any proposed mechanism that conflicts with  the laws of
thermodynamics can be rejected without further consideration.  Of course, this
requires these laws be understood and accepted, but that is a different issue.

This is like looking for gold. Simply wondering the landscape and pointing at
every mountain as a possible location of the gold vein is not useful. The
landscape needs to be studied, the geological events need to be identified, and
location of found nuggets needs to be considered. Only then can the buried gold
be found by eliminating all the regions where it cannot be located. I'm
attempting to do this but I find very little interest in this approach.

Ed Storms