Bob, you fail to take into account the known and well documented bonding energy
that can exist in a chemical system. This bonding is limited to no more than
about 10 eV, yet you propose to require this bonding to share and dissipate
energy at the MeV level within a cluster of atoms.  Only in the nucleus itself
is this level of bonding and interaction available.  Atoms are not attached to
each other with the necessary force to share and transmit this level of energy.

In addition, for nuclear interaction to take place, the Coulomb barrier must be
overcome. This barrier is real and its magnitude is well known and far in
excess of any source of energy available in a chemical system. LENR requires a
new and so far unknown process to do this. I see no effort to effectively
identify this process. Simply applying IF statements is not a solution.

Simply applying QM using equations containing arbitrary assumptions does not
change how chemical systems are known to behave.  The people discussing these
issues on Vortex seem to be in a different reality than the one I have occupied
for over 60 years of scientific study of LENR, chemistry, and physics. Any
imagined or assumed process described in the modern literature seems to be as
important as what has been observed and accepted in science for the last 100
years. Any new observation in physics seems to be fair game as an explanation
of LENR whether it has any real world support of not. In fact, many of the
papers used as justification for the proposals are simply based on more theory
and assumptions.

Ed Storms