Bob, let me see if I can simplify the issue. For fusion to occur, two D must
get close enough for the two nuclei to combine. This process is prevented by
the Coulomb barrier, which requires energy to overcome.  A static magnetic
field does not supply energy.

Once the two nuclei combine, the mass-energy must be dissipated. This can be
done by fragmentation of the resulting nucleus, i.e. hot fusion, or by release
of energy as many photons.  Observation places a limit on the energy the
photons can have.

You bring spin into the discussion. The spin state has a limit to how much
energy it can hold. In addition, if spin is accepted as an actual rotation
about an axis, creating this spin requires the law of conservation of momentum
be considered and a process needs to be identified that can apply a force to
the particle such that it spins rather than moves in a line. I see no way for
this to happen in your description.

If spin is viewed only as another variable in equations to allow them to fit
data, then I do not know how to evaluate your claim. We know that all energy
that is emitted with the alpha particle eventually appears as heat and the
helium ends up with its normal spin state.  Therefore, energy imagined to exist
as spin acts exactly like translational energy in the real world. Therefore, I
do not see how the concept of spin has any relevance to the discussion.

Ed Storms