Poser of the Day ...

Cosmic microwave background (CMB) radiation is almost universally assumed to
be the photon remnants which are left over from the "Big Bang" of cosmology.
That assumption has more holes than Swiss cheese. Compounding one error in
another is the best that can be said for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_microwave_background

This Big-Bang explanation is by default essentially - but it makes no
logical sense in an unbounded (expanding) Universe that we should detect a
fairly uniform relic from 14 billion years ago, which is red-shifted to such
an extreme degree.

Another explanation for CMB dawned on me this morning.

CMB could be ongoing "leakage" from the Dirac sea, instead of a
multi-billion year old relic of an event that probably never happened to
begin with. The more one thinks about it, even if one is not a contrarian by
nature, the more appealing it can sound - and so far, the objections seem
fewer than the mainstream view (if you accept Dirac and question the Big
Bang).

I was about to say that "you heard it first on Vortex" but a quick search
indicates that at least one other reference to a CMB <=> Dirac-sea
connection has turned up.

http://www.flinders.edu.au/science_engineering/caps/staff-postgrads/info/cah
ill-r/process-physics/

Not surprising that he is from Adelaide...