On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 6:48 PM, Bob Cook <frobertc...@hotmail.com> wrote:

It occurred to me that the formation of a pair of DDL deuterium atoms may
> lead to the He with small releases of energy as the D molecule forms just
> before the fusion occurs.

As we wait for the TIP report (or TIP2 report, as it's sometimes being
called), we've been going back and forth and throwing around some of the
ideas we think might explain what's going on in LENR and Rossi's device.
 There are many different ways to categorize possible explanations, but for
the moment I'll put them in four categories:

   1. Explanations involving fusion of some kind without the catalysis of
   stable shrunken hydrogen (a.k.a. f/H, hydrinos, DDL hydrogen, etc.).
   2. Explanations involving stable shrunken hydrogen in some way (with or
   without leading to fusion).
   3. Explanations involving nanomagnetism, the mass of the proton, the
   Higgs boson, etc., without fusion or the catalysis of stable shrunken
   hydrogen; i.e., anything not in (1), (2) or (4).
   4. Artifact and experimental error.

I've purposely organized these categories around "stable" shrunken
hydrogen.  For the immediate purpose, if an explanation involves a stable
form of f/H, DDL, etc., it goes into (2), no matter what else it entails
(e.g., the mass of a proton).  I've added (4) just to cover all the
possibilities.  By "stable" I mean hydrogen in a state that is not
evanescent, e.g., as seen in Horace Heffner's deflation fusion.

I don't bet, but it's kind of fun to go on record predicting something that
will eventually (hopefully) either be seen to be wrong or right.  Here I'd
like to go on the record with an unambiguous prediction that the general
consensus will eventually settle on explanations in category (1), to the
effective exclusion of (2), (3) and (4).  Unfortunately, I don't have as
clear a sense of a timeline.

Eric