After reading the "Electron Transitions on Deep Dirac Levels II" by Dr.s
Maly and Va'vra, I was intrigued to find the other papers.  I did not find
a copy of "... I", or any of the III, IV, and V versions that Dr. Va'vra
indicated were submitted [note: if any of you have a copy of "Electron
Transitions on Deep Dirac Levels I", could you please share a copy with
me?]. When I researched the ANS publication Fusion Technology, I found in
their listing the "... I" and "... II" papers, but none of the others. So,
I did some additional research to find Dr. Va'vra. I found his email and
asked him about the latter 3 papers.  Here was his interesting response:

"The papers III,IV and V do exist, but they were not published. I think the
editor of the Fusion Technology had enough at that time.

 However, there is a problem with all these types of calculations. They use
a 1920-1930 quantum mechanics. The correct treatment must use QED. There
were attempts to do that, and I mention that in my more recent ArXiv
paper: 1304.0833v3.

 Mills used fractional quantum numbers. That is a "no no" for the classical
quantum mechanics. So, I consider his method wrong.

 Regards, Jerry"

Dr. Va'vra has a 2013 ArXiv paper (http://arxiv.org/pdf/1304.0833v3.pdf) -
I think it is a fascinating fit to this thread.  If someone else already
cited this, I apologize for the duplication.

Bob Higgins