Ferrites encompass a large body of magnetic materials.  Does this photo
(slide 6) show a slab of ferrite magnet? - probably.  The long thin hat pin
is magnetized  and the plastic tube keeps the long hat pin magnet from
flipping and is thus able to levitate.  I don't see anything mysterious
here.  It is just showing that the ferrite slab is permanently magnetized.

However, if a permanent magnet is used as a transformer core, I am not sure
what the result would be.  It would certainly be nonlinear.  In a passive
device reciprocity is not guaranteed if a DC magnetic field is present.

Bob Higgins