Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Rothwell keeps insisting he has “no motivation” for a scam, and that
> sounds sensible enough at first glance, since this sentiment is based on
> the motivational patterns of normal healthy adults.

Rossi is a difficult person but he is far from crazy in my opinion. I am no
doctor but I have actually interacted with clinically crazy adults as a
volunteer so I have some basis for this judgement.

Everything he has done so far looks to me like a business strategy. McKubre
thinks so too. This strategy has often been used by other people, such as
Edison. I think it is a bad strategy but it is not crazy.

> It is a illness called “the imposter syndrome” - a recognized personality
> disorder with several nuances including the great imposter syndrome.

That makes no sense. He has actually accomplished remarkable things as an
inventor. There is no doubt he has. Also, he is much less egotistical than
many scientists I know.

Furthermore, the extent that someone blows his own horn does not correspond
to his actual accomplishments. People who often advertise their
accomplishments are not necessarily underachievers or fakes. The two people
I know who boasted most about their accomplishments were Arthur C. Clarke
and Yoshiaki Arata. Clarke's friends nicknamed him "ego" and he used to
circulate what he actually titled "Egograms" listing his latest
accomplishments and projects. Arata hands out 4-color separation glossy
magazines listing his patents, awards, and reprints of mass media articles
praising him. Both of these people were among the most accomplished and
important of the 20th century. They had every right to brag -- although it
is embarrassing to see it. There are no exaggerations in their claims.

It reminds me of a story about a WWII war hero. He wore his medals
everywhere. Someone was grouching about his boasting. Another army office
spoke up, saying: "I was with him when he won those medals. He deserved
them. If he wants to wear them in the bath it is fine with me."

In fact, a major point often overlooked by the fan-boys, in calling
> so-and-so a skeptic or patho-skeptic, LOL - is that some of these same
> skeptics of AR will admit that there is excess energy in this experiment,
> but simply not enough of it to please the maestro - and with no valid
> scientific proof.

You are saying you know more about measuring heat with conventional,
industry standard techniques than the people at Elforsk do. You are the one
with an ego problem here.