Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Ø  The previous message I quoted from you was definitely an accusation of
> fraud in the calorimetry: "No one would ever use an IR camera in this
> situation unless they have the intent to deceive."
>

> Of course I meant it - in the context that they received intense criticism
> for doing this in the previous report, and yet they went ahead and did it
> anyway without any additional concern for the accuracy – as was clearly the
> problem before.
>

> Callous disregard for the truth is tantamount to intent.

Oh, okay. Now you are back to saying the calorimetry was callous disregard
for the truth tantamount to fraud. I thought you agreed with Brian Ahern
and his expert friend. Okay, that was 6 hours ago and you have flip-flopped
again.

> As for libel, I would love to enter “discovery” with this Levi and his
> group. Bring it on.

I meant that libel here is bad form. A million people on the Internet
attack Rossi and Levi with unfounded BS. But we are not supposed to do that
here. Especially not when you have zero evidence he has done anything
wrong, and no reason to think he would do anything wrong -- other than your
own private scientific theory that his results are impossible.

I have been hearing people say "this is impossible so it must be fraud"
since 1989.

> Ø  By the way, as far as I know Rossi had no say in design of this
> experiment. The decision to "use an IR camera in the situation" was made by
> Levi et al.
>

> And do you know that Levi has received no financial remuneration or
> promise of future funding  from this work ?  It would be a huge surprise if
> he had not.

Ah, so he is on the take. And when Levi destroys his own reputation by
putting in fake ash, or using an IR camera knowing it is the wrong choice,
this will help Rossi and Levi . . . how again? Never mind. I am sure you
have an elaborate conspiracy theory. We don't need the details. Anyway, in
6 hours you will have a different theory.

>  In short - all you really know is that you want this grossly deficient
> paper to transform into rock-solid proof of LENR, whether it is compromised
> or not…
>

> This isotope analysis stinks, and if it goes down, so can the rest of it.

Ah, so the calorimetry is fraud -- again -- because you are convinced the
mass spectrometry is. Or no, it isn't fraud, but the "rest of it" um . . .
"can go down." Because if Rossi committed fraud with fake ashes that means
we cannot trust the calorimetry performed by other people when Rossi was
absent. Because . . . because . . . we can't! We just can't. Rossi has
magical ESP and he can change IR camera readings in the dead of night from
another continent.