From: Jed Rothwell

There is no potential financial motive here as far as I know.

*  That is the major problem here, stated simply: you do not know.

And it really does not matter what I know, when it is clear that you have no
clue, and are basing an entire scientific argument on having “no motive” which
is absurd on a science forum.

*  The previous message I quoted from you was definitely an accusation of fraud
in the calorimetry: "No one would ever use an IR camera in this situation
unless they have the intent to deceive."

Of course I meant it - in the context that they received intense criticism for
doing this in the previous report, and yet they went ahead and did it anyway
without any additional concern for the accuracy – as was clearly the problem
before.

Callous disregard for the truth is tantamount to intent. As for libel, I would
love to enter “discovery” with this Levi and his group. Bring it on.

*  By the way, as far as I know Rossi had no say in design of this experiment.
The decision to "use an IR camera in the situation" was made by Levi et al.

And do you know that Levi has received no financial remuneration or promise of
future funding  from this work ?  It would be a huge surprise if he had not.

In short - all you really know is that you want this grossly deficient paper to
transform into rock-solid proof of LENR, whether it is compromised or not…

This isotope analysis stinks, and if it goes down, so can the rest of it.

Jones