OK Bob, I tend to think outside of the box quite often, but sometimes that does
not get me to where I would like to go.  I would love to find that a
reactionless drive is possible, but so far the evidence is strongly against
that concept.

You must become the spaceman inside his ship in order to see where the problem
exists.  If the mass and energy leaving the ship is not visible or measurable
by the guy then he will become quite upset to see his ship vaporizing into
nothing as the drive operates.  As far as he can determine his ship is at rest
in space once the drive is shut down.   He can then take an inventory of the
mass of his machine and wonders where most of it went, particularly if a large
amount of it is converted into energy used to power the drive.

With a normal drive every morsel of the original mass and energy can be
located.  Actually, I believe that the center of mass of the original ship
remains in the same location and has the same magnitude after the normal drive
is activated.  The same is not true for a reactionless drive.

Each external observer will determine that the center of mass of a normal ship
remains at a constant location.  This is true regardless of the final velocity
of the ship relative to those guys.   This is certainly true for very slow
moving ships such as we would measure under non relativistic situations being
presently discussed.  The conservation of momentum ensures that this occurs.

I encourage anyone out there with knowledge about how to overcome the obvious
problems to offer their input.  Start by explaining how the spaceman could
accept the change in mass of his ship without any measurable emissions into
space remembering that velocity is entirely relative.  In this case I am
playing the part of the skeptic but will make every effort to prove myself
wrong.  I honestly want to be wrong about this type of system.

Dave