I don't know about Karsten, but the reason I have a knee-jerk reaction
against suffixes like "Wrapper" is that it just feels like cruft, based
on other systems where the word had no consistent meaning, at least from
a user's perspective, it just seemed a hack to extend an API or
facilitate its use without changing the deeper classes, or it was in
fact an implementation detail that just happened to be exposed to the
user.

It's another naming issue I guess.  Call it a Handle and use an "H"
suffix. Or an Accessor.   Call it a "Lever", I don't know :) "Wrapper"
just has bad connotations to some of us :)  (Maybe like "Component")  In
the end it will just be something that a C++ user has to learn what it
means, but at first glance they have to have trust that it's actually
very useful and that there's a good reason they have to do that extra
typing.

Reed