The intent of my contribution was to increase the value of the list to *all* subscribers, current and future. If this offends you, I am sorry.

Running the risk of extending this thread further, I will state the following:

At 19:19 4/02/02 +0800, Paul S wrote:
Okay here goes, I'm offended by this reactionary email.

The message was not directed at Paul, which is why I quoted him with: "a subscriber"

At 08:24 4/02/02 +0800, Onno Benschop wrote:
At 23:57 1/02/02 +0800, a subscriber wrote:


You will no doubt have noticed this line in my message:

At 08:24 4/02/02 +0800, Onno Benschop wrote:
How could the original question, one of many mind you, just the one to bear
the brunt of this response


You'll also have noticed:

At 08:24 4/02/02 +0800, Onno Benschop wrote:
It is *my opinion* that the WAMUG list is slowly but surely degenerating


To conclude, as a subscriber, never a moderator, I am doing what I believe all list subscribers have a responsibility to do, attempt to improve the quality of the list. You may well argue that it's great. I can tell you that it has been better. It can get better still and I believe that only the subscribers can do this.

Creating an electronic community is just as much hard work as creating a friendship. You have to work at it all the time.
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?      ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..

ITmaze - ABN: 56 178 057 063 - ph: 04 1219 8888 - [EMAIL PROTECTED]