Hello all

I have a weird problem. I'm configuring a SOHO network for my brother in
law. He has just got Telstra ADSL and has it hooked up to a Windows XP Home
machine. This machine has 2 network cards - one for ADSL and the other for
the LAN. On the LAN is a 400MHz iMac DV (graphite) running OS 9.1 and Dave
2.5.2. I have enabled Internet connection sharing on the XP machine. The
Mac can connect to some web sites but not others - it can connect to some
POP servers but not others. The main POP server my b-i-l uses allows
connection, authentication and gives a list of messages but will not
download the messages - it just times out eventually.

I have disabled the firewall on the XP box and re-enabled it but it makes no
difference.

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on or has done this before and
knows what I've done wrong?

I have set TCP/IP up on the Mac with an address of 192.168.0.2 (mask
255.255.255.0) and gateway of 192.168.0.1 (the XP box).

Cheers

Greg