This is the one I've had my eye on since it was announced:
HP 2500n - RRP $3,364
<http://h50025.www5.hp.com/hpcom/AU_EN/color%20laser%20printers/ workgroup\hp%20color%20LaserJet%202500%20series\index.aspx>

the next one up is faster and has more RAM but is just out of your budget - $5,389

I've found HP lasers to be the most reliable (I've used the old Apple ones, Brother, Canon, Know people with Kyoceras, Lexmark etc - but nothing comes close). This should meet your specs though you didn't specify how many pages/month you would be doing, speed, or what minumum resolution you need (this one does 600 x 600 dpi wit reso enhancement)


Dave

On Thursday, October 24, 2002, at 02:48 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Message: 16
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:24:55 +0800
From: Eugene de Gouw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: colour laser printer

Hi WAMUGERS

can anyone recommend a networkable colour laser printer for
relatively light duty work. Good quality photographic colour output
essential. Priced around the $5000 mark. Mac compatible of course.
Low cost of consumerables and duty cycle.

--
regards

Eugene de Gouw
Coordinator of Computing
Helena College Senior School
*PO Box 52
Glen Forrest
Western Australia 6071
(PH: : +618 9298 9100
2FAX: : +618 9298 8616