on 25/10/2002 5:49 AM, Brett Carboni at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Has anyone got experience with latest G4 DP concerning noise (running OS9
> programs especially)? Is it *that* bad?
> 
> It's a big priority for me. I need to buy soon but will hold off until Jan
> when new Macs are released when presumably they will fix it. Plus I'll get
> the latest G5/whatever that they release. (I realise that the waiting for a
> faster Mac logic means one never buys anything - but I don't want a machine
> that will drive me nuts, and I'd rather get the last Mac that will boot
> OS9).
> 

Hi Brett,

I have been working on my brother's new G4 DP Mac - 867 Mhz and can confirm
that the machine is terribly noisy whether on OS X (Jaguar) or OS 9.2. I
guess that in an already noisy environment, such as in a big office, this
would not be such a problem. But in a quiet room it does become annoying
after only a few minutes of working.

I myself have been planning to buy such a beast, but the noise is putting me
off!! At least for the time being.

Good luck,

J Philippe C.