On 25/10/2002 4:18 PM, "Andrew Nielsen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> At 16:09 +0800 25/10/02, Matthew Healey wrote:
>> We have just installed an xServe which in on load from AppleCentre ITQ, HI
>> ROD!!!!!! This thing is noisy. I am talking "plane taking off noisy". But,
>> it has dual processors and flashy lights so I don't really care.
> 
> But it's a SERVER, it would be living in its own happy little server
> room and not bothering any humans :-)

Hey, I'm not complaining about it! I have actually been drooling over it for
the last hour (don't worry rod, I will clean it before I give it back).

It is sitting in our staff room though, and every single secretary has said
it was too loud. I don't care though, because as you said... Its a server,
it's meant to be noisy. Maybe I will finally get a proper server room now.


Oh... and is has flashy lights!


Regards

Matthew Healey

-- 

Matthew Healey
Information Systems
Western Orthopaedic Clinic
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Phone: +61 (08) 9489 8700
Fax: +61 (08) 9381 8300

Suite 213
25 McCourt Street
Subiaco 6008
Western Australia