yes... they are far to loud for my liking (both users that I support
who have them complained) and when used under a desk that has a
"modesty panel" they generate a LOT of heat around the feet.
Has anyone got experience with latest G4 DP concerning noise (running OS9
programs especially)? Is it *that* bad?
It's a big priority for me. I need to buy soon but will hold off until Jan
when new Macs are released when presumably they will fix it. Plus I'll get
the latest G5/whatever that they release. (I realise that the waiting for a
faster Mac logic means one never buys anything - but I don't want a machine
that will drive me nuts, and I'd rather get the last Mac that will boot
OS9).
T.I.A.
Brett Carboni
Tsunami
"Silent sushi seconded secretly is superb"
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.html>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.html>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
--
~
Mark Secker [EMAIL PROTECTED]
9380 2308 (GSE) 9380 1855 (ECEL)
ECEL Computer Support Officer, University of Western Australia.
CRICOS Provider No. 00126G
~
"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose
sight of the shore."
Andre Gide
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across
the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil,
shouting GERONIMO"
reputably by "Bill McKenna" but possibly the inexhaustibly quotable "anon"