My apologies Ronni for not acknowledging your reply last week. I took
the iphone back and Telstra confirmed it was faulty.
Hopefully I'll get a replacement soon.
Cheers
Jewels
On 30/12/2009, at 8:28 AM, Ronda Brown wrote:
On 29/12/2009, at 9:49 PM, Julie Bedford wrote:
Happy New Year to you all.
I got an iphone last week. I was assured all my contacts had been
transferred over to the new sim card ( had to upgrade to Next G
card). When I turned the phone on when I got home, I was requested
to put in the sim code, which was accepted. However. a few minutes
later the phone said No Sim Card. That is the way it has acted
since. I have to keep entering the sim code. Also no contacts
were transferred over to the iphone. Wondering if there is a fault
with the phone, or is it something I haven't performed which I
should do?
Cheers
jewels
Happy New Year to you Julie,
If it is a faulty SIM card you will need to take it back to where
you purchased the iPhone & they will replace the SIM card.
But first you should check and make sure the SIM card is all the way
in (at the top centre of the phone).
Then if you are still having a problem.
1. Hold down the power switch at the top and the main selection
button at the bottom. After a few seconds a new screen should come
up that allows for shutdown should you slide the slider to the
right. DO NOT SLIDE THE POWER OFF. Keep holding the two buttons down.
2. Wait until the silver apple logo comes on the screen. At this
point you may release the two buttons.
3. Continue to wait while the iPhone reboots.
Once the iPhone finishes booting the "No Sim" message should be gone
and you should see bars again.
If this does not work a newSIM card or reactivation is required!
Cheers,
Ronni
17" MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo
2.4 GHz / 4GB / 800MHz / 500GB
OS X 10.6.2 Snow Leopard
Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>