I had similar problems with Entourage hanging after waking from sleep. I had
several other problems which caused me to re-install the OS 10.6 software
and the problem has now gone. However it hangs for a short time while Time
Machine is backing up.
But as a precaution I now close Entourage before letting the computer sleep!
Lloyd 




> I have noticed what I believe is a bug in Entourage (Office 2008). I have a
> Macbook 13² 1 month old so running Snow Leopard. I also have a Time Capsule.
> When the hourly backup is running AND at the same time I attempt to Attach a
> file to an email I am preparing, it all hangs up solid. Option/Command/Escape
> allows me to crash Entourage which reports as ³Not Responding² but I have only
> been able to get back to Œnormal¹ by a forced crash by holding down the Power
> button and starting again.
>  
> This seems a bit savage but I am not aware of a more elegant solution.
>  
> Is this a bug that anyone else has noted and any tips for elegantly restoring
> the balance without savagely crashing the machine and in turn interrupting the
> backup as well?
>  
> Kind Regards
>  
> PeterŠ
>  
>  
> 
> Kind Regards,
> Peter Crisp, Associate, BE Mech
> HATCH
> (Phone + 61 8 9428 5437
> 2Fax + 61 8 9428 5555
> ÈMob 0402 001 019
> ?E-mail [email protected]
> Website <http://www.hatch.com.au/>
> 


 




-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>