Hi Peter,
From Microsoft support you must quit all Microsoft Applications
before backing up.
"backing up hourly you must quit quit All Microsoft applications
(Entourage, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, My Day, Office Reminders,
Messenger) and the Microsoft Database daemon before backing up. See
article Quit all Microsoft applications before backing up"
<http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2009/04/quit_all_microsoft_applications_before_backing_up.html
>
Also, force shutting down your your MacBook is NOT recommended.
Sent from Ronni's iPhone
On 01/02/2010, at 8:42 PM, "Crisp, Peter" <[email protected]> wrote:
I have noticed what I believe is a bug in Entourage (Office 2008). I
have a Macbook 13” 1 month old so running Snow Leopard. I also have
a Time Capsule. When the hourly backup is running AND at the same ti
me I attempt to Attach a file to an email I am preparing, it all han
gs up solid. Option/Command/Escape allows me to crash Entourage whic
h reports as “Not Responding” but I have only been able to get
back to ‘normal’ by a forced crash by holding down the Power
button and starting again.
This seems a bit savage but I am not aware of a more elegant solution.
Is this a bug that anyone else has noted and any tips for elegantly
restoring the balance without savagely crashing the machine and in
turn interrupting the backup as well?
Kind Regards
Peter…
Kind Regards,
Peter Crisp, Associate, BE Mech
HATCH
(Phone + 61 8 9428 5437
2Fax + 61 8 9428 5555
ÈMob 0402 001 019
?E-mail [email protected]
Website <http://www.hatch.com.au/>
N O T I C E - This message from Hatch is intended only for the use
of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information which is privileged, confidential or proprietary.
Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-
free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, arrive
late or contain viruses. By communicating with us via e-mail, you
accept such risks. When addressed to our clients, any information,
drawings, opinions or advice (collectively, "information") contained
in this e-mail is subject to the terms and conditions expressed in
the governing agreements. Where no such agreement exists, the
recipient shall neither rely upon nor disclose to others, such
information without our written consent. Unless otherwise agreed, we
do not assume any liability with respect to the accuracy or
completeness of the information set out in this e-mail. If you have
received this message in error, please notify us immediately by
return e-mail and destroy and delete the message from your computer.
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>