Ronni - Many thanks for this.  At least you are not stuck in traffic coming 
home from a mini-break somewhere!

I have tried to follow your instructions - however when I click on "Options & 
Supplies" > Utility I can only choose from "General" : "Driver" " or "Supply 
Level".

The option to click on either "Clean Print Heads" or "Open Printer Utility" 
then "Head Cleaning" is not there.  I can remember that in the past when I try 
to check my various Ink Supply cartridges I have to go through several steps, 
which are not as I previously did when the printer was connected to my HP 
laptop, and it takes me a while to remember and work out how to establish my 
ink levels for each cartridge.

So the main message in General is -

Queue Name:  Epson Stylus-R310.

In Driver Version: 5.2.3

URL: usb://EPSON/Stylus%20Photo%2ODR3107 serial=MGP10403170313500.

When I click on the Driver, this reads

Print Using : Epson Stylus Photo R310-Gutenprint v523

To take full advantage....check printers documentation.

When I click on the tab Supply Levels the message is just "Information Not 
Available".

I am not sure if there is another way to approach this.  Any suggestions very 
gratefully received!

Peta




On 05/04/2010, at 4:56 PM, Ronda Brown wrote:

> 
> 
> On 05/04/2010, at 4:33 PM, peta belczowski wrote:
> 
>> 
>> Hullo all
>> 
>> I have had my Epson Stylus Photo R310 Printer for several years (probably a 
>> few several years!)  This printer was used mainly just for printing photos 
>> from my other PC (Microsoft stuff).  When I bought my first Apple Mac we 
>> plugged the Epson into the Apple and this is the only printer I use with the 
>> Mac.
>> 
>> This has worked fine for about 2 years, but now there is a deterioration in 
>> the quality of my photos; i.e. I ca now see horizontal lines across each 
>> photo (faint, light).  Also, I don't think the colour is as sharp as it 
>> should be.  I don't use the printer all that often, because we can take bulk 
>> photos to Officeworks etc, so usually I just use the Epson when I have a 
>> small number of photos which I want immediately.  Plus general printing 
>> (which seems to be okay - I think, no need to print very often).
>> 
>> I cannot find anything in WAMUG archives dealing with this problem 
>> specifically, and nor can I obtain any help from going online to Epson.
>> 
>> Does anyone have any advice on how I can tell the Mac to "clean the 
>> printhead" or similar?  I do hope it is not anything manual that I have to 
>> do.  Keep the messy fingers for the computers nowadays please!
>> 
>> Many thanks in advance
>> 
>> Peta
>> 
>> Mac OS X V.10.6.3
> 
> 
> Hi Peta,
> 
> Sounds like you need to do "Head Cleaning".
> 
> In System Preferences > Print & Fax, click on your EPSON R310, then click on 
> "Options & Supplies" > Utility.
> Then click on either "Clean Print Heads" or "Open Printer Utility" then "Head 
> Cleaning".
> 
> Cheers,
> Ronni
> 
> 17" MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo
> 2.4 GHz / 4GB / 800MHz / 500GB
> OS X 10.6.2 Snow Leopard
> Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>
> 



-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>