Hi Peta,

Just adding to Daniel's expert advice. 
Sometimes when you transfer applications across, especially if you are coming 
from another version of OS X (OS X 10.5 to 10.6), you find you need to either 
re-install some applications or at least have to put in the serial numbers 
again.

I have had two replacement Logic Boards for my 17" MacBook Pro and each time I 
have found I needed to re-install quite a lot of applications. Some just needed 
to be re-activated or Serial Numbers added.
I remember particularly Adobe Acrobat Professional 8 & CS4 required 
re-installing and activating.

Cheers,
Ronni

 
On 08/04/2010, at 7:20 AM, peta belczowski wrote:

> Thank you Daniel, I will try these steps.
> 
> Peta
> 
> 
> On 07/04/2010, at 8:35 PM, Daniel Kerr wrote:
> 
>> 
>> Hi Peta
>> 
>> Sounds like a few issues going on there.
>> For the Epson one, it may pay to remove the printer and reset it up then see
>> how it goes.
>> 
>> For the Adobe software you can deactivate it on the old machine which then
>> allows you to active it on the new machine.
>> Other programs can be similar.
>> 
>> Hope that helps.
>> 
>> Kind Regards
>> Daniel
>> 
>> 
>> On 7/4/10 6:56 PM, "peta belczowski" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> 
>>> Thank you to all who replied to my Epson printer problem.
>>> 
>>> Yes, I had discovered "LITE" when following Daniel's instructions.
>>> 
>>> Also the message "the printer is not registered" once I arrived at this 
>>> point;
>>> therefore I apparently cannot take things any further.
>>> 
>>> Possibly my previous Mac had all the registration details.  When my husband
>>> bought me my lovely Mac OS X, which of course has Snow Leopard, and I
>>> connected the external hard drive (which Daniel had installed onto my first
>>> Mac), all programs etc transferred/copied beautifully to this machine and I
>>> was soooooo impressed.
>>> 
>>> The "ink level status and buttons for “Nozzle Check” and “Head Cleaning”, 
>>> not
>>> highlighted, cannot use.
>>> 
>>> Problems - when we have bought programs for another Mac, I believe the newer
>>> Mac needs re-registering with new reg. numbers.
>>> 
>>> For example, with my first earlier Mac I had bought and paid for Adobe.  I 
>>> was
>>> too busy learning and re-educating my ways of doing things from a PC and had
>>> never used the Adobe program.  Now, although it has transferred to my new 
>>> Mac,
>>> I cannot use the program.
>>> 
>>> Too time consuming in today's world - of course I want instant results!
>>> 
>>> Peta
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> On 07/04/2010, at 5:58 PM, Ronda Brown wrote:
>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> Hey Daniel,
>>>> 
>>>> Not your bad;-) You did give the correct path to the utility.
>>>> 
>>>> Sorry to hear you are suffering with cold/flu ... Plenty of liquids (not my
>>>> champagne) ... And Sleep!
>>>> Do you remember what SLEEP is??
>>>> 
>>>> Get well.
>>>> 
>>>> Cheers,
>>>> Ronni
>>>> 
>>>> Sent from Ronni's iPhone
>>>> 
>>>> On 07/04/2010, at 5:16 PM, Daniel Kerr <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> Oops thanks Ronni, my bad
>>>>> 
>>>>> That's what I get for working off memory when away from my "real 
>>>>> computer".
>>>>> (plus having cold and flu, does that count as an "oops" pass as well?) :o)
>>>>> I was sort of close then. Lol :)
>>>>> 
>>>>> Kind regards
>>>>> Daniel
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>>>> 
>>>>> ---
>>>>> Daniel Kerr
>>>>> MacWizardry
>>>>> 
>>>>> Phone: 0414 795 960
>>>>> Email:  [email protected]
>>>>> Web:    <http://www.macwizardry.com.au>
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> **For Everything Macintosh**
>>>>> 
>>>>> On 07/04/2010, at 4:50 PM, Ronda Brown <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> Hi Peta & Daniel,
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> The older Epson Printer Utility doesn't work in Snow Leopard.
>>>>>> In Snow Leopard it was replaced by "Epson Printer Utility Lite.app
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> You will find it in your Macintosh HD > Library > Printers > EPSON >
>>>>>> InkJetPrinter2 > Utility > UTL - "Epson Printer Utility Lite.app"
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> And it is “Lite” – it shows a menu for printers, the Ink level status and
>>>>>> buttons for “Nozzle Check” and “Head Cleaning”, but nothing else.
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> Cheers,
>>>>>> Ronni
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> On 06/04/2010, at 7:34 PM, Daniel Kerr wrote:
>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> Hi Peta
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> You should have "Epson Printer Utility", which almost always gets
>>>>>>> installed
>>>>>>> if the CD was used to install it.
>>>>>>> You *may* find an alias to it in your Applications folder.
>>>>>>> If you don't then there should also be one installed in the following
>>>>>>> location.
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> NOTE: As the following is buried away in Library folders used by the
>>>>>>> system
>>>>>>> please don't move or change or rename anything in here, as all the 
>>>>>>> folder
>>>>>>> structure is set a specific way the System requires it. Moving or 
>>>>>>> changing
>>>>>>> things can have damaging effects to your computer.
>>>>>>> /end note.
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> Macintosh HD - Library - Printers - EPSON - InkjetPrinter - Utilities
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> Inside here should be a Utility called Epson Printer Utility (may have 
>>>>>>> a 1
>>>>>>> or 2 or 3 after it). If you run this it will allow you to do the Print
>>>>>>> Head
>>>>>>> clean.
>>>>>>> (If the alias for it isn't in the Application folder, once it's running
>>>>>>> then
>>>>>>> you can Control click on it's Dock icon and Choose "Keep in Dock", that
>>>>>>> way
>>>>>>> it's there for whenever you need it next, without having to and relook 
>>>>>>> for
>>>>>>> it)
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> Once you open it, just follow you nose. It should bring up a window
>>>>>>> listing
>>>>>>> your model of printer, which you click next arrow, and it will show it's
>>>>>>> connected via USB. Once you click through enough arrows etc it will take
>>>>>>> you
>>>>>>> to a main "choice" window, where one of the options will be "Head
>>>>>>> Cleaning".
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> (Looks like this link, although not for your printer model):-
>>>>>>> <http://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/r800__/r800__rf/softx_4.htm#epson
>>>>>>> %2
>>>>>>> 0printer%20utility%20functions%20b>
>>>>>>> (Or if the above link doesn't work, here's a tiny one)
>>>>>>> <http://tinyurl.com/yagu6k4>
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> That should get it working for you (hopefully).
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> Kind Regards
>>>>>>> Daniel
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> ---
>>>>>>> Daniel Kerr
>>>>>>> MacWizardry
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> Phone: 0414 795 960
>>>>>>> Email: <daniel @ macwizardry . com . au>
>>>>>>> Web:   <http://www.macwizardry.com.au>
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> **For everything Macintosh**
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> On 6/4/10 7:16 PM, "peta belczowski" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>> Thanks for this, but no, as I explained to Ronni, this option has never
>>>>>>>> come
>>>>>>>> up since we connected the Epson to the Mac (it used to show up with my
>>>>>>>> Toshiba
>>>>>>>> pc).  So I cannot access in this way and there is definitely a problem
>>>>>>>> with
>>>>>>>> horizontal lines.  (The printer therefore has not been cleaned for the
>>>>>>>> past 2
>>>>>>>> years or so.)



-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>