Hi everyone.

I have just upgraded to MS Office 2011 from 2008 version.
Some of the "improvements" annoy me - like the inability to "tear off" the
colour palette in Word.  I can't find a way to do this.
I used this feature a lot for editing and making sections in colour. Pages
is even worse with this.

Another gripe is that it will not open any of my files with a / in the
name. :-((


But my main problem is copying -or cutting - and pasting in Word.
When I copy text and paste it - using the Apple keyboard shortcuts- C and
V - into a different part of the document or into another document it
comes out in underlined blue as a hyperlink to the original text. Which
has to be removed.

If I use the Copy and Paste symbols in the Word tool bar, or if I  do this
with a right click on my Logitech mouse to copy and paste the links do not
appear.

Is there a preference that enable this to happen on the keyboard?
The problem does not occur with Pages which  suggests that it is a problem
of incompatibility with Word and the Apple Keyboard?

But it does not happen when copying in Outlook.

 
Lloyd 





-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>