I don't have the most current version of M$ Word, but did have a similar problem when I first started using my fairly recent version. The following describes my problem and its solution. I hope it is useful.
I found that text I copied elsewhere and then pasted into an M$ Word document became a ULR. A bit of research showed that the problem lay with a M$ Word character style that was selected by default during the pasting process. This style had URL as one of its characteristics. I altered that style's definition to exclude the URL characteristic and problem was solved.
M$ Word's character styles are more arcane compared with M$ Word's paragraph styles, but Help is fairly good.
Good luck. Regards, Ray Forma Tel & Fax +61 (0)8 9335 6568 Mob +61 (0) 428 596938 -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List -- Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>

