Hi Neil and Ronni,

I am using MS Office 2011 for Mac. But I had the same problem with the
2008 version and was hoping the upgrade would fix it.

Thanks for your input.  I have also Word 2004 on my old PowerMac and I
don't have this problem.

You say I have found the fix myself but having de-selected the "Internet
Paths etc" box my problem still exists so I am not that clever!

There is an option called "paste and match formatting" which pastes
without the hyperlinks. Command+option+shift+V. But just plain Command +V
still gives the links. I have pored over each Preference to find any
reference to pasting without hyperlinks but have found nothing.

Your word was "intrigued" - mine is frustrated! :-)) Almost ready to give
up and use the work=arounds.

Lloyd



On 13/12/10 5:55 PM, "Neil Houghton" <[email protected]> wrote:

>
>Hi Ronni, Hi Lloyd,
>
>I was intrigued by this - I didn't think the problem was down to whether
>the
>document is plain text or HTML - for example, in Entourage, email
>addresses
>are "clickable" whether the message is formatted as HTML or plain text.
>
>I'm not sure which version of Word you use Lloyd - I'm still using Word
>2004
>- but I could easily reproduce your problem and then "fix" it.
>
>In fact, you have already found the "fix" yourself!
>
>I created a new word document and pasted internet address into it.
>
>It did not make any difference whether I pasted and then selected:
>
>-   Keep source formatting
>-   Match destination formatting
>-   Keep text only
>
>Or if I "paste special" and selected "unformatted text"
>
>In each case, - the act of pasting the address into the document did not
>create the hyper link - the link was created when you then hit "space" or
>"return" in other words it is not a "paste" problem but an AutoCorrect
>problem.
>
>This is covered in Word Help:
>
>> My text was unexpectedly formatted as a hyperlink.
>
>> If the text you typed includes the at sign (@), Microsoft Word might
>>interpret
>> the text as an e-mail address and automatically apply hyperlink
>>formatting.
>> You can turn off the automatic replacement of Internet paths with
>>hyperlinks.
>> 1. On the Tools menu, click AutoCorrect, and then click the AutoFormat
>>As You
>> Type tab.
>> 2. Under Replace as you type, clear the Internet paths with hyperlinks
>>check
>> box.
>
>Which is just what you did!
>
>
>After doing that - the problem disappears.
>
>
>HTH
>
>
>Cheers
>
>
>
>Neil
>-- 
>Neil R. Houghton
>Albany, Western Australia
>Tel: +61 8 9841 6063
>Email: [email protected]
>
>
>
>
>on 13/12/10 3:51 PM, Ronda Brown at [email protected] wrote:
>
>> 
>> Hi Lloyd,
>> 
>> I don't have MS Word & have never used MS Word, but a setting (or
>>something)
>> is pasting the text as a Hyperlink.
>> You need ³paste special² and select 'unformatted text' in this instance.
>> 
>> Check to make sure the CMMD+V is not assigned to the paste Hyperlink
>>menu.
>> 
>>  As Peter's Word 2011 is not having this issue with Command+C &
>>Command+V, the
>> problem I would suspect is in your setup in Word.
>> 
>> You might find something on the Office For Mac - Word forum
>> <http://www.officeformac.com/ProductForums/Word/>
>> 
>> <http://www.officeformac.com/ms/ProductForums/Word/11880>
>> 
>> If your document has a live link (URL) or live email address, it is
>>HTML or
>> 'Rich Text'.
>> "Plain text can include a web address starting with the http:// prefix,
>>since
>> it consists of standard keyboard characters.
>> However, only HTML can make the address an "active link" by using an
>><A> tag,
>> which allows a web page to open when the viewer clicks on the address."
>> 
>> Cheers,
>> Ronni
>> 
>> On 13/12/2010, at 10:47 AM, Lloyd White wrote:
>> 
>>> 
>>> Ahh now we are getting close!
>>> 
>>> Thanks Ronnie. Is this what you mean?
>>> 
>>> I went to the  Auto Correct preferences preferences, then "Autoformat
>>>as
>>> You Type" and unchecked the "Internet and network paths with
>>>hyperllnks".
>>> 
>>> Is this the preference you mean? I can't find one that says exactly
>>>"Paste
>>> as Hyperlink".
>>> 
>>> How can I tell if a document is formatted as HTML? Is it any document
>>>that
>>> has an URL or email address? I know I can format a document by going to
>>> Format then Autoformat which then turns it into a HTML document.
>>> 
>>> Lloyd 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> Hi Lloyd,
>>>> 
>>>> Are the documents in HTML format? Seems that somehow you are using
>>>>'Paste
>>>> as Hyperlink'?
>>>> 
>>>> Cheers,
>>>> Ronni
>>>> 
>>>> On 13/12/2010, at 9:19 AM, Lloyd White wrote:
>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> On 11/12/2010, at 10:49 AM, Lloyd White wrote:
>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> But my main problem is copying -or cutting - and pasting in Word.
>>>>>>> When I copy text and paste it - using the Apple keyboard
>>>>>>>shortcuts- C
>>>>>>> and
>>>>>>> V - into a different part of the document or into another document
>>>>>>>it
>>>>>>> comes out in underlined blue as a hyperlink to the original text.
>>>>>>> Which
>>>>>>> has to be removed.
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> I don't know what is happening here. I can't reproduce the problem
>>>>>>in
>>>>>> my
>>>>>> copy.
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> THANKS for that information Peter. The / is just something I will
>>>>>>have
>>>>>> to
>>>>>> avoid. But re the copy and paste the fact that you cannot reproduce
>>>>>>it
>>>>>> interests me. I have just tried a different Apple keyboard and have
>>>>>>the
>>>>>> same problem. The one I am using came with my iMac so that should
>>>>>>not
>>>>>> be
>>>>>> a problem.
>>>>> I still have three ways of copying and pasting without having the
>>>>>pasted
>>>>> text linked;
>>>>> 1. Highlight and drag
>>>>> 2. Use the copy and paste icons on the tool bar menus
>>>>> 3. Use the right-click on the mouse.
>>>>> 
>>>>> But the keyboard short-cuts always produce the links to the previous
>>>>> text.
>>>>> 
>>>>> By the way, I have no problem with the keyboard shortcuts on my old
>>>>> PowerBook G3 using Word 2004.
>>>>> 
>>>>> Regards
>>>>> 
>>>>> Lloyd 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> Peter Hinchliffe        Apwin Computer Services
>>>>> 
>> 
>> 
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
>Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
>Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
>Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>
>





-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>