>On 11/12/2010, at 10:49 AM, Lloyd White wrote:
>

>> But my main problem is copying -or cutting - and pasting in Word.
>> When I copy text and paste it - using the Apple keyboard shortcuts- C
>>and
>> V - into a different part of the document or into another document it
>> comes out in underlined blue as a hyperlink to the original text. Which
>> has to be removed.
>>

>I don't know what is happening here. I can't reproduce the problem in my
>copy.
>
>THANKS for that information Peter. The / is just something I will have to
>avoid. But re the copy and paste the fact that you cannot reproduce it
>interests me. I have just tried a different Apple keyboard and have the
>same problem. The one I am using came with my iMac so that should not be
>a problem.
I still have three ways of copying and pasting without having the pasted
text linked;
1. Highlight and drag
2. Use the copy and paste icons on the tool bar menus
3. Use the right-click on the mouse.

But the keyboard short-cuts always produce the links to the previous text.

By the way, I have no problem with the keyboard shortcuts on my old
PowerBook G3 using Word 2004.

Regards

Lloyd