Hi, again, Neil,

Nothing dirty about my code. With BBEdit hanging over my shoulder with every 
keystroke, there’s little chance of that. I always verify the code on every 
page just to catch the little oversights.

Thanks,
Pat

> On 4 Feb 2015, at 11:22, Neil Houghton <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Hi Pat,
> 
> Yes, I understand your point – but, if it had worked, you wouldn’t have had 
> to CONTINUE to open in a browser first – just a one-time thing for each file 
> – at least that’s what I found with the PDFs – the first opening of the file 
> with the appropriate software seemed to generate the first “preview” after 
> that, Quicklook continued to work as it should (ie without having to first 
> open the file).
> 
> However, since this approach DIDN’T work for you, the point is academic ;o)
> 
> 
> Good look with the combo update – I guess if it is an OSX problem that could 
> fix it.
> 
> 
> 
> One other thought – have you checked that your html is all valid – modern 
> browsers tend to handle dirty code quite gracefully but maybe the latest OSX 
> Quicklook is less tolerant (this could perhaps explain why some people, like 
> Peter, are finding Quicklook OK with html) – again this is a bit of a long 
> shot ;o)
> 
> 
> Whenever I create a webpage, I always run it through the W3C Markup 
> Validation Service at <http://validator.w3.org/check> 
> <http://validator.w3.org/check>
>> This validator checks the markup validity of Web documents in HTML, XHTML, 
>> SMIL, MathML, etc. If you wish to validate specific content such as RSS/Atom 
>> feeds or CSS stylesheets, MobileOK content, or to find broken links, there 
>> are other validators and tools available. As an alternative you can also try 
>> our non-DTD-based validator. 
> 
> Just select the “Validate by file upload” tab and you can browse to your html 
> file, select it, and hit the “check” button.
> If all your html is valid, it should come back with a “passed” message – 
> otherwise it will highlight errors and warnings.
> 
> I find this invaluable - it’s amazing how many little errors sneak through – 
> and this makes it really easy to cleanup your code & get a pass mark ;o)
> 
> Again, just a thought.
> 
> 
> 
> Cheers
> 
> 
> 
> Neil
> -- 
> Neil R. Houghton
> Albany, Western Australia
> Tel: +61 8 9841 6063
> Email: [email protected]
> 
> 
> 
> 
> on 4/2/15 9:48, [email protected] at [email protected] wrote:
> 
>> Hi, Neil,
>> 
>> I just tried your expanded explanation, but it still didn’t work. Even if it 
>> did, it wouldn’t help because the point is, trying to avoid opening the 
>> files. Just trying to get a view of how the file displays without opening it 
>> in a browser. 
>> 
>> Thank you, anyway. Just now, I am downloading the combo 10.10.2 update and 
>> crossing my fingers.
>> 
>> Cheers,
>> Pat
>> 
>> 
>>> On 3 Feb 2015, at 19:06, Neil Houghton <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> 
>>> Re: OS 10.10.2 and Quicklook 
>>> Hi Pat,
>>> 
>>> You misunderstood me - I actually said:
>>>> You could try opening the file in a browser (Firefox or Safari?) - I’m 
>>>> assuming it will display OK – and then try quicklook to see if it can now 
>>>> cope.
>>>> 
>>> The actual idea is to produce a “preview” of the page (preview in a more 
>>> general sense, rather than the Apple application).
>>> 
>>> 
>>> I mentioned that I DID use Preview (the Apple application) to solve the 
>>> same problem (lack of quicklook preview) with a PDF file (obviously Preview 
>>> is the app of choice for a PDF) - but to get a view of an HTML file, use a 
>>> web browser.
>>> 
>>> Sorry for any confusion.
>>> 
>>> 
>>> As I say, just a thought but really easy to try ;o)
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Cheers
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Neil
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Settings & Unsubscribe - 
> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>

-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>