Hi Kaye,

Is she trying to access the “show Commands” this way?
To see a list of all the commands you can access, activate Dictation (press fn
fn), wait for the beep, and then say “Show commands”

When you're dictating, pause before saying a command. Otherwise, OS X may
interpret it as dictation.

Check in System Preferences > Accessibility and choose Dictation in the list to
the left.
Click 'Dictation Commands' and then select the 'Enable Advanced Commands'
option.
Click done in the preference pane to activate advanced commands.

Sent from Ronni's iPad4