Hello Peter,

I’ve had (& still have) both the Apple TV 3 and new Apple TV 4. I loved Apple
TV 3rd generation - but with the new Apple TV 4 I’m really ‘blown away’ with
the added features and enhancements. ATV 4 is expensive but I’ve found its well
worth the cost.
I’ve kept my Apple TV 3 (as a spare)in case a family member or friend requires
it at some time ;-)

Apple TV (3rd Generation) last model sold before ATV4 - Model No. A1469 (Rev A)
- A$109.00

AppleTV (4th Generation) 64GB 2015 - Model number: A1625
Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote*                           A$349.00
Product No. S2597FE/A  - APP For Apple TV      A$   35.00
                                                                        Total
   A$384.00 (Incl.GST)

Compare Apple TV models

<http://www.apple.com/au/tv/compare/ <http://www.apple.com/au/tv/compare/>>

Hands-on with the latest 4th-generation Apple TV
<https://www.choice.com.au/electronics-and-technology/home-entertainment/game-consoles/articles/apple-tv-4th-gen-review-091115

<https://www.choice.com.au/electronics-and-technology/home-entertainment/game-consoles/articles/apple-tv-4th-gen-review-091115>>

I agree with this assessment: “The new Apple TV (4th Generation) is an
improvement in virtually every area. Just on a raw specs level, the device has
an A8 processor, and 32GB (A$269) or 64GB (A$349) gigabytes of storage.

The set-top's revised interface, dubbed tvOS, is similar to its predecessor on
the surface, but has two major improvements. The first of these is Siri
support, which makes it easier to jump straight to a video, or discover options
with vague criteria like "show me movies by Stanley Kubrick" or "find me some
funny TV shows." Siri can also be used to control playback, and check things
like weather and sports scores.

The second improvement is an App Store with full-fledged apps similar to those
for iOS, including games. Perhaps more importantly, the platform allows a wider
and more impressive range of streaming options, including previously
unsupported interfaces like Plex.

Siri, App Store, Third-Party Controllers, Apple Music.

Guiding everything is a controller dubbed the Siri Remote, which also has
motion sensors — primarily for games — and replaces four-way direction buttons
with a touchpad.

13-inch MacBook Air (April 2014)
1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost to 3.3GHz
8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
512GB PCIe-based Flash Storage

El Capitan OS X 10.11.5