Thanks Ronni

I shall file that away for future reference.

I think it was just a case of insufficient charge. I rebooted the Modem and
Time Capsule and the next time I tried the ATV the light didn’t come on.
Plugged it in, problem solved. Must have had just enough charge to work
occasionally.

If it plays up when it is fully charged I’ll reset as suggested.

Is there any way of checking the level of charge like you can with mice?

Best wishes from Diana
Sent from my iPad