Hi Tony,

> Is it possible that whilst I am on the phone to a caller that a hacker can
> search my phone for personal details whilst the conversation is in progress?

NO, that is not possible in iOS!
Unless you have ‘Jail Broken’ your iPhone.

"If you follow all best practices and don't give out your passcode or
passwords, your iPhone is a pretty secure device.
Apple's "walled garden" that many people hate so much does a lot to protect the
average user."
It's encrypted by default and even Apple can't access your data without the
encryption key (your passcode).

It's much easier to hack you than it is to hack your iPhone. Meaning, make sure
you don't tell anyone your passcode/passwords and that you use different
passcode/passwords for different devices.
Make sure your answers to your Recovery questions are not easily found on
Facebook (your pets name, your mother's maiden name, etc).

Ronni’s warning: If you are concerned about privacy & security, NEVER use
Facebook!

Cheers,
Ronni

13-inch MacBook Air (April 2014)
1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost to 3.3GHz
8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
512GB PCIe-based Flash Storage

macOS Sierra 10.12