I also am having a problem updating from OSX 10.10.5.  I first downloaded the
latest Sierra Combo to 10.12.5. When I tried to install it, the message said it
could only be installed on 10.12.2. So I downloaded the Combo installer for
that. When I tried to install it, it said it could only be installed on
10.11.1.

I have downloaded that Combo now, but it still says it has to be installed on
10.11.0. I have searched for such a Combo installer without success.

Need some advice as to what to do. I thought Combo installations should work on
any previous OS. Certainly, Yosemite is the last iteration of OSX 10. The Apple
"support help" has not provided any information.

Hopefully,
Pat