On Friday evening my son pushed the OSX Update on his MacBook Pro (late 2011)
to move to Sierra 10.12.4 from Yosemite. The update went fine and I forced a TM
backup prior to starting. It seems to have all worked ok and even the backup
processed without hitch (unlike my own issue with FileVault now resolved). His
MacBook is still set with FileVault OFF.

Short story is that he cannot access the Internet. Safari or Google Chrome both
will not respond - progress bar stops about 10% in and then stuck. Network
diagnostic assistance says "Your internet connection appears to be working
correctly". Backups to WiFi TM are working fine. Unable to login to iCloud from
his MacBook as no external Comms. I've checked his password using myiPad in
"Manage my AppleID" and this password is clearly not the cause of error - just
simply no Comms to outside the house.

All other computers and devices no problem communicating outside.

I had a browse and others have indicated Safari problems with the 10.12.4
update and that rolling back to 10.12.3 resolves the issue. Not an option here
as he has come 'from' Yosemite.

All other apps requiring external Comms also do not respond; Mail, iTunes,
iCloud music etc. I even replicated the DNS settings from my MacBook all to no
avail.

All clues anyone? Anything is possible after the Dockers rolled the reigning
premiers!!

Regards

Pete